[kwlug-disc] DailyTech - Concerned About Privacy? You're Probably up to no Good, Says Google CEO

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Dec 9 17:27:02 EST 2009

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 12/09/2009 4:54 PM:
> Re: Google search privacy:
>
> You can turn off web history. I did the day I learned that I can do so.
>
> Go here and turn it off: https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount?hl=en

Can you be more specific? I get to account management, and don't know
where to go from there given the bevy of choices.

Presumably this history only deals with google activities when you're
logged in? Searching when not logged in would still have IP address,
at least, captured?

> Re: Analytics. Use NoScript as someone said earlier. Not only does it
> prevent Google tracking, but it makes your browsing faster by blocking
> all that Javascript crap that sites have and blinking flash ads too.

I've got adblock and flashblock loaded in firefox, and achieve much of
what you describe already. Noscript adds to this party / isn't some
javascript a good / useful thing?