[kwlug-disc] DailyTech - Concerned About Privacy? You're Probably up to no Good, Says Google CEO

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Dec 9 16:54:22 EST 2009

Re: Google search privacy:

You can turn off web history. I did the day I learned that I can do so.

Go here and turn it off: https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount?hl=en

Re: Analytics. Use NoScript as someone said earlier. Not only does it
prevent Google tracking, but it makes your browsing faster by blocking all
that Javascript crap that sites have and blinking flash ads too.

Speaking of Nefarious Google, has anyone tried their public DNS? IP
> addresses of 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, real easy to remember.  I pointed my
> router there yesterday, but I've experienced no observable difference, so
> I'm going back to my ISP's DNS.

I did switch to that a couple of days ago. Don't see much of a difference. I
was on Level 3's 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 servers before and they work well too.
They are both about 37 milliseconds from where I am. No redirection of "not
found" pages like OpenDNS does.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.