[kwlug-disc] Benefits of using alternate firmware on Linksys WRT54G

Lori Paniak ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com
Wed Dec 9 11:04:48 EST 2009

Are you talking about wireless performance?  If so, I doubt you will see
much, if any improvement with alternative firmware.  The most stable
wireless packages in alternative firmware for Linksys devices are based
on the Broadcom binary blob - same as the proprietary firmware.

The main advantage of FLOSS firmware for these devices, in my opinion,
is to enhance functionality.