[kwlug-disc] linux netbook

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Mon Aug 17 15:28:24 EDT 2009

I see that now, thanks.

I've ordered one anyway, I've got a friend in the US who will forward it
to me.  So it's $175US plus whatever it costs him to send it to me.
Comparable machines up here looked to be about $450 based on a two
second perusal.

Plus, my wife's been pushing me to give her one of my laptops.  All I
have to do is reinstall linux on my desktop, install vmware, then
windows, so that I can run windows apps on my linux desktop..then that
frees up my windows laptop to give to her.  Since that chain of events
isn't going to happen in this decade, the woot deal is smoking hot for me.

And!  and!  I've now got my wife migrated over to linux despite her
strenuous objections :).

g.