[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday, 7pm: Proxmox, Infrastructure as Code (Oct 2024)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Oct 5 13:24:34 EDT 2024

This month's KWLUG meeting features two presentations that will be of
particular interest to homelabbers and DevOpsy types (but don't be
dissuaded if you are not these things).

Colin_ will give us an introduction to Proxmox, a feature-packed
virtualization platform that can host all your virtual machines.
Colin_ will show us how to set up a high-availability cluster using a
bunch of old Mac Minis, a Raspberry Pi, a network switch, and some
love.

Spencer Hughes will follow up with a presentation on infrastructure as
code -- using configuration files to bring up cloudy resources with
tools like Terraform and OpenTofu. He will show us the advantages of
defining your infrastructure as code, and highlight the benefits in a
homelab environment.

In other news, we are in desperate need of presenters for the next few
months. If you have something you would like to present (or know
somebody who has something interesting to present) please get in
touch. We could also use some volunteers to help track presenters
down. These presentations can be remote or in-person.

We will likely hold a separate restaurant meetup this month but
details are not confirmed yet. As usual, please check the website or
wait for the upcoming announcement about that.

Monday's meeting will be held online at
https://webconference.kwlug.org/room/kwlug or in-person at LIB 329 at
the Dana Porter library at the University of Waterloo. Get more
information about the meeting location here: https://kwlug.org/node/1345

- Paul