[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: btrfs

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Apr 11 03:18:21 EDT 2015

If it feels as if we haven't had a KWLUG meeting in a long time,
that's because we haven't had a KWLUG meeting in a long time.
Thankfully, the drought is over, and this month Chris Irwin is eager
to share his knowledge of btrfs, the next-generation filesystem for
the Linux kernel. Since proposing this presentation Chris has switched
to using btrfs full time, and he will relate to us the degree to which
btrfs is smooth like btr. This presentation begins around 7pm.

It also feels as if it has been a long time since I had some
third-party FLOSSy announcements of note to share with you (other than
our continuing laptop rescue mission, I guess, which will next be held on
Saturday April 18 from 4-8pm). There certainly is lots going on; one
look at the Watcamp calendar at http://watcamp.com should convince you
that there are so many interesting technology-related meetups going on
that you won't even miss not having a social life. But if you have
something special you feel would be appropriate to mention in these
meeting announcements, please let me know.

Here's a FLOSSy tidbit for you: Charles McColm is trying to revive
Ubuntu Hours in Kitchener, and he is looking for an appropriate
meeting location (and maybe some co-organizers). Read his blog post at
http://charlesmccolm.com/content/ubuntuxubuntu-hourlinux-user-group-meetings
for more.

April's KWLUG meeting will be held at the usual location:

St John's Kitchen
97 Victoria Street North
(at the corner of Victoria and Weber)
Kitchener

See http://kwlug.org/sjk for maps and pictures of the site.

Setup starts around 6:30pm, and setup helpers (aka "setup heroes") are
always welcome.

- Paul
--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org