[kwlug-announce] Meeting Monday: Gitlab (March 2015)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 28 02:03:45 EST 2015

After years of bitter struggle, is it finally safe to say that git has
won the version control wars? (Cue angry emails from CVS enthusiasts
in 5...4...3... ) Along with the rise of git has been the rise in git
hosting sites such as Gitorious, GitHub and even BitBucket (!). But
wait! Here comes a new challenger! Gitlab is yet another web-based
repository for git projects, but unlike many of the others there is a
community edition you can install on your own server. So if for some
reason you would prefer to keep your source code in house while
enjoying many of the features available on other hosts, now you can.
In this month's KWLUG presentation, Colin Knapp will lead us through
Gitlab and its features.

In other news, the next laptop rescue mission will be held on
Saturday, March 7. Contact me if you would like to participate.

And that's it for this month, I guess. The meeting will be held at the
usual location:

St John's Kitchen
97 Victoria Street North
Kitchener
(at Victoria and Weber)

There is car parking in the thrift store parking lot, and bike parking
along the side of the building. The meeting starts at 7pm, and setup
starts around 6:30pm. See http://kwlug.org/sjk for more building
information.

- Paul

--