[kwlug-disc] Any local providers that can do network wiring?

Fri Mar 12 10:01:51 EST 2021

> On Mar 12, 2021, at 7:48 AM, Chris Craig <kwlug.org at ciotog.net> wrote:
> Pretty much any general contractor can handle low voltage wiring like this.
>
> I do all my own wiring, even the "high" voltage. I don't find it particularly difficult, but of course everyone has different things they're comfortable with or have time for.

You’re absolutely right, but especially for anything high frequency (like DSL, cable internet or general networking) you want to make sure the wiring is not kinked, knotted, squished, compressed or strangled with zip ties. Smooth bends (think no tighter than the diameter of your coffee cup) and of course, properly terminated.

It’s not hard to do at all, but if it’s done in a slapdash or negligent manner you’ll have poor performance.

-A.