[kwlug-disc] Raspberry pi cluster setup.

Mark Steffen mark at steffen.ca
Thu Jun 3 13:40:49 EDT 2021

The Pinebook Pro/Pinephone has a variety of images and distributions
with decent-ish Arm64 support.  There are some challenges, but usually
solutions for most.  Widevine does not support Arm64 but it is possible
to run chromium/firefox in a docker container for armv7 support (at
least, I think that's what is going on) and watch DRM protected content
like Prime/Netflix/etc.  Signal doesn't have a native arm64 build but
some folks have made their own builds that apparently work.

I don't have an Odroid unit yet, but as it is the same SOC (rockchip
3399 based) I imagine there are similarly lots of options for distros on
the N2+.

On my to-do list is to try to build a clustered LAMP stack on ARM, but
time is in short supply at the moment.

Mark