[kwlug-disc] Raspberry pi cluster setup.

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Jun 3 13:33:02 EDT 2021

On Thu, Jun 3, 2021 at 12:44 PM Mark Steffen <mark at steffen.ca> wrote:

> I have a Pi4B 8GB I think I ordered it from Amazon USA because I had a
> gift card to use up, works ok mainly using it for emulation.  I have a
> Pinebook Pro for general ARM linuxing.
>
> But, imho, hardkernel.com (odroid) has some pretty interesting ARM SBCs
> that outperform the Pi and have support for onboard eMMC without using a
> compute module/extra board.  ODROID N2+ has the same SOC as the Pinebook
> Pro and it's pretty speedy for the price.

How is operating system support for both the Pinebook and Odroid boards?

It used to be the case that these boards made in China/Korea/Taiwan would
have an image made to go with a new board, then nothing at all after that:
no updates, no new version, nothing ...

Has this situation changed over the past few/several years?