[kwlug-disc] MX Linux - is it good to install on a laptop

Nickle, Brian brian at nickle.ca
Thu Apr 15 10:37:08 EDT 2021

> I am running Manjaro on my original Pinebook because it is the only distro
> that has active support for this device.  I have run into update issues
> that I have had to manually fix.  Manjero still requires you to read the
> release notes before performing an update. As such I feel it is not very
> good for new users not as a daily driver anyway.

My  recommendation would be to use ubuntu, debian or maybe fedora as a new
user.  Honestly I think ubuntu has the best mix of good user documentation
application repository for new users.   All this said I would highly
encourage anyone new to linux that wants to truly understand how it works
go through the install of arch in a vm building up the system really gives
you an understanding of how the parts work together.

My 2 cents
Brian