[kwlug-disc] Permissive vs copyleft licenses

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Sat Dec 19 16:12:00 EST 2020

> But it seems easier to attract
> contributors (in particular, contributors with deep pockets) for
> BSD-style licensing.

And here I ask for actual examples were big co have contributed.

Please don't include Docker-style projects that are relevant only to big
installations.

Do give examples of code that poor chap like me can benefit from. For
example, I use GNUCash for double-entry bookkeeping. Examples like this
are welcome. Were is a ton of BSD code, non-infrastructure level, from
which big co benefit, and big clouds benefit even more?

... What is the license of LibreOffice? ... And this is GNOME shell. ...

Have OpenOffice got more developers after it adopted Apache licensing?