[kwlug-disc] Linux Based Firewalls

John Sellens jsellens at syonex.com
Tue Dec 1 15:42:09 EST 2020

I've had great success with pfsense for many years, and have no complaints.
I've run HA pfsense pairs for years with no problems or downtime.

I just upgraded a 10 year old physical pfsense box running a long
obsolete 1.x version of pfsense to current 2.4 and the configuration file
imported perfectly.

I've also bought Netgate hardware running pfsense and found it to be
reliable and cost effective.  I had one with a hardware problem, and
the support from Netgate getting it replaced was fantastic.

Hope that helps - cheers

John