[kwlug-disc] Say No To Electronic Voting ...

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:01:20 EDT 2020

I've been growing very concerned while reading these emails on electronic
voting.  Somewhat frightened, actually, not by the topic discussed but by
the silence emanating from Elmira..  We have an advocate of the people in
Elmira, and I was worried that he's been abducted by aliens as he hasn't
posted any comments on this topic (of which he is an expert...)

Unable to bear the fear any longer, I finally hid in the local Elmira
grocery store and pounced on Bob the moment I saw him. Turns out that for
reasons unknown he's been unable to post to the group...  so I told him to
send his comments on this topic directly to me and I'd pass them on...

Here's what he wrote:

Hi Jeff: Here's some fuel for the e-voting fire on the KWLUG mailing list:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-rJX0Nmxg

I was at that lecture (obnoxious guy in the front row), it changed my mind
about e-voting, that anonymity (secret ballot) is incompatible with the
requirement for ensuring there is only one vote per person.

Thanks, Bob!