[kwlug-disc] Some interesting links: MappingWR, Pycon Canada, Matrix Live

Andrew Sullivan Cant acant at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Oct 19 16:17:30 EDT 2019

Hi everyone,

I have a bunch of interesting links, and I am going to put them all into
one message instead of "flooding" you mailboxes. :)

Pycon Canada is happening mid-November in Toronto, is anyone planning to
go? Find more information here:   * https://2019.pycon.ca/

CycleWR is working on a new mapping project #MappingWR, and are looking
for volunteers. They want to create a map which will make it easier to
find low carbon transportation routes. This will include collecting more
photos and improve OpenStreetMap data which already exits.

They have a volunteer sign up for here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeUswpQfyzwQugdLugtYh4WTMTce0EEjrnOS6xhQ416V4BFHg/viewform

And you can see some activity on the #MappingWR hashtag on Twitter:
* https://twitter.com/search?q=%23MappingWR&src=typed_query

And finally, our upcoming presenter Hubert Chathi part of the Matrix
update for 2019-10-18.
* https://matrix.org/blog/2019/10/18/this-week-in-matrix-2019-10-18

Andrew