[kwlug-disc] Carrytel.ca -- 70M/10M for $35/month

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Oct 16 23:23:41 EDT 2019

Switched to CarryTel.

It was as simple as filling a form on their website, and getting a call in
a couple of days. They ship the modem to you (no monthly rental fee).
You pay $45 deposit, and $10 for shipping it.

Plug their modem/router in, and it works (if you are on Rogers, or a
reseller
like Vmedia).

If you are like me, you have your own router with specific configuration
for WiFi and static DHCP. So, you need to configure the Hitron CGN3U modem
to make it pass through (disable its WiFi, and make your router your LAN's
gateway).

To do this, go to Basic -> Gateway Function. In there, switch Residential
Gateway
Function to Disabled.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin