[kwlug-disc] Shameless self promotion on the KWLUG mailling list of my new FOSS project OhMyForm.com

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 08:59:02 EDT 2019

Thanks for the notes @John Sellens I'll keep them in mind for next time.

The TellForm imagery is still there as we only forked the project within
the last month.  Seems the TellForm author went MIA within the last two
years and really seems to have no interest in continuing the project.  So
since we could no longer communicate with the original Author me and
another developer by the handle @Wodka on GitHub decided to fork the
project rather than wait for months while the iron felt hot enough.

The TellForm project is one that I ended up with Maintainer/Admin on
however its riddled with vulnerabilities and hardly works, we merged the
previous 2 years of PR's into OhMyForm and got the thing functional by
default and wrote a quickstart via docker + docker-compose which will get
you up and running in under 60 seconds or so.

The idea is that it will be a WCAG 2.0 (Accessibility Standards) compliant
works by default always free AGPL 3.0 form software alternative to cloud
options like Microsoft 360's form offering or Google drive's forms
offering.

We have a live demo instance that I forgot to plug that showcases the app
in its current state located at https://demo.ohmyform.com with the username
and password `root//root` we will likely update this once we hit 1.0 status
properly this time.  Then we're going to do a major refactor for 2.0 which
will likely include VueJS https://github.com/ohmyform/ohmyform/issues/16 as
opposed to AngularJS currently.  We just wanted to make sure that the world
that seems very interested in this kind of product has access to it now.
While we work on the next thing.

If you don't wish to run this within docker the Dockerfile is essentially a
recipe and the docker-compose.yml tells you how to configure the other
options for the dependency services such as an SMTP server and MongoDB.  We
include a nerfed SMTP testing server located at
https://mailhog.demo.ohmyform.com, however, I don't know if I can make that
public.