[kwlug-disc] OT: CDMA network shutdown?

John Driezen jdriezen at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 21 21:13:23 EDT 2019

I use a Virgin Mobile cell phone.  I was notified in January that my
cell phone would no longer work after April 30, 2019 because the CDMA
network was disappearing.  Now when I turn on my old LG flip phone all I
get is searching for network.  The time doesn't even show up.  I ended
up buying a $200 Samsung smartphone because the free phone replacement
Virgin Mobile offered is a basic cell phone that didn't even store a
contact list.

John Driezen

jdriezen at sympatico.ca