[kwlug-disc] 12v 20Ah Batteries

Wed Feb 27 21:38:09 EST 2019

> On Feb 27, 2019, at 9:05 PM, Ron Singh <ronsingh149 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Them this is a really swell deal! I usually pay some $40 each for 12v18ah SLA in batches of 8, so at 30, it's a mighty fine deal.
>
> There are times I am tempted to do a bank of these things in serial/parallel with an inverter/deadman switch sort of thing as a backup for my house, but likely most economical to stick with regular lead-acid for that sort of application.

Me too; I instead got a 10kW “portable” (jeez it’s HEAVY) gas generator; more than enough to take care of the essentials and found a pretty good deal on a new Briggs.

I was mighty tempted for the battery bank but felt it was going to be a pain to keep maintained. With the generator I just need to keep the fuel from going bad and keep a carb kit on hand.

-A.