[kwlug-disc] Memory Issue

amitoj singh amitojsingh95 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 15:07:34 EST 2019

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:54 PM <tomg at sentex.ca> wrote:

> Quoting amitoj singh <amitojsingh95 at gmail.com>:
>
> > Now, the application is not even starting.
>
> I could use some more information.  Which distribution are you running
> and are you running 32 bit or 64 bit?  Which application are you starting?

I am using 64 bit Ubuntu 18.04 and I am trying to run atom editor

> Can you start it from a terminal and tell me if there are any error messages
> or if it just hangs or if it returns the commnd promopt?

Well, I ran the first time and it hanged my whole laptop. I somehow
managed to close it and then I agained opened it and the editor gave
the same behaviour
but when I opened third time, atom starts. But it is hanging again
while I use it.

> Can you show me the output of top (or htop since everyone seems to love it
> around here)?

I somehow got the output of $htop because it hanged again and again.
As, when I opened atom the usage become almost 90 but slowly it
reduced. The output of htop is attached. please have a look

--
"If you think you can then you definitely can."
Amitoj singh