[kwlug-disc] Memory Issue

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Feb 7 22:32:57 EST 2019

Next time, just copy and paste the text output. Easier than going to a link
that
has an image.

Memory does not seem to be the issue here.

What you are actually using is ~ 2.4GB, and Buffers/Cache has 1.2GB, and

But there is some swap usage. Hard to tell if that was a while back, or when
you were using those apps.

Probably what is happening is that the laptop is swapping too early.

Try doing:

sudo sysctl vm.swappiness=1

And if it solves the problem, then add it to /etc/sysctl.conf

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 10:23 PM amitoj singh <amitojsingh95 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> Recently, I attended a presentation on the bottleneck evaluation tool.
> It was really a great presentation. I am facing some issues with my
> memory management. I am using Assus A555L  which has 4GB of RAM and
> 1TB of hard drive. I had installed Ubuntu as well as windows. While
> using some of the applications like Atom or Openshot in Ubuntu my
> laptop gets hang.
>
> This is the output for my $free -m command.
> https://bit.ly/2SzbXjr
>
> I am not getting why exactly I am facing the issue while running these
> applications.
>
> Regards
> --
> "If you think you can then you definitely can."
> Amitoj Singh
> https://github.com/amitojsingh
> https://amitojsworld.wordpress.com

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal
Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. -- Edsger W.Dijkstra
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. -- anonymous