[kwlug-disc] The Pinebook Pro

Stuart Seeley stuart at lowlevel.ca
Wed Feb 6 14:26:14 EST 2019

The board I received appeard poorly assembled and was fairly warped...
there was solder flux all over it too.

It's been a while, but from what I recall there was some issue with the
board layout/interconnect that was causing stability issues and if I'm not
mistaken major performance bottleneck making the whole thing pretty
unusable. (Not sure if they solved that later or what, but after waiting
over a year to get the thing, and then having very limited support I
decided to move on.)

Purely opinion on this point, but seemed like the board was wasteful in
it's layout/could have been smaller.

I dumped it on someone in a pile of recycled equipment...  I'll see if I
can get it back and send it to you.

Stuart