[kwlug-disc] [GTALUG] Richard Stallman is coming to Toronto

Jason Eckert jason.eckert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 19:58:28 EST 2019

RMS gave a few talks at UW at the request of us long-term members of the CS club there. The last one was in 2007, but at the Chinese food dinner afterwards, I managed to piss him off (for the second time in the same decade) – maybe that’s why he hasn’t been back to UW? Probably not, but I’d like to think it was me (even though I didn’t mean to).

Linus is a fun guy to be around (he never stops talking), as are Ted Tso and Alan Cox from the early days.
On the programming side, Donald Knuth and Bjarne Stroustrup are both entertaining to listen to in a presentation.
Not sure if I could come up with a bucket list of FLOSS developers I’d like to meet, mainly because I’ve met some amazing ones that aren’t that famous, and think that’s a good thing. But if I had to choose, I’d say Matias Duarte (who wrote xbill ;-).