[kwlug-disc] Apache 403 & access.log questions

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 09:51:54 EDT 2019

So I've narrowed down the problem to my .htaccess file in the root
folder. When I temporarily moved the .htaccess file to .htaccessold
the site properly redirected to /help/me/index.php from the
/help/index.html. To be clear I have a Drupal instance in the root
folder of the website, say:

/var/www/html/site/public_html

Below this is the application:
/var/www/html/site/public_html/help

The index.html there contains the line: <meta http-equiv="refresh"
content="0;url=me">

In my Drupal directory (public_html) is an .htaccess file which contains:

  RewriteRule "^(.+/.*|autoload)\.php($|/)" - [F]

I believe it's this rule that's causing the php not to load. I tried
adding the following line above that rule:

  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/help/[^/]*\.php$

But that didn't seem to help. It's worth mentioning that there are
several sub-directories in the /help folder, not just /help/me that
would need their php files run (but not redirected to).