[kwlug-disc] Apache 403 & access.log questions

Steve Izma sizma at golden.net
Thu Apr 4 22:58:50 EDT 2019

On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 09:34:53PM -0400, Charles M wrote:
> Subject: [kwlug-disc] Apache 403 & access.log questions
>
> When I surf to sitename/help/ access.log shows a 200 for the
> index.html in that directory. However the index.html is just a
> redirect to a subfolder below help called me/. That redirected folder
> seems to be generating a 403 error. me/ has the same user and group
> permission as well as the same access permissions - so I'm thinking
> this has something to do with my main site apache configuration file?

I'm not sure what you mean by a redirect -- do you mean that that
sitename/help/index.html contains either an HTML <meta
content=...> tag (or some sort of javascript) or do you mean that
index.html is a symbolic link to something in the subdirectory?
If it's a link, then the apache config or .htaccess needs
"FollowSymLinks" as an option. I would think a symlink is more
straight forward than an extra file with code in it.

	-- Steve

--
Steve Izma
-