[kwlug-disc] Apache 403 & access.log questions

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 4 22:31:26 EDT 2019

On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 10:08:52PM -0400, Charles M wrote:
> I cannot access the me/ folder by going to it directly. The help/
> folder has an index.html and the help/me has an index.php folder. In
> my apache configuration file I have the following:

I presume you mean index.php file and not folder?

> DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
>
> I think I've been looking at this too long and have probably missed
> something simple. I checked the .htaccess file in the directory above
> help/ (which is the root folder for the web server) and I see the
> following:

To simplify this further, make a dummy.html and put it in the me
folder first. Then figure out how to visit

http://yoursite.com/me/dummy.html

Once you can do that then figure out me/index.php next.

Sorry I do not have an exact answer for you.

> Options -Indexes
> DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm
>
> Would the Options -Indexes cause it not to redirect?

I don't think so. This sets whether you see a directory listing when
you visit a folder without an index html/php.

> rewrite is also on (a2enmod rewrite) - mod_rewrite is the old name?

That is what I was talking about. But unless you have rewrite rules
that are interfering with the redirect already (which is possible, if
this is Drupal) then this should not be a big factor.

- Paul