[kwlug-disc] Apache 403 & access.log questions

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 22:08:52 EDT 2019

I cannot access the me/ folder by going to it directly. The help/
folder has an index.html and the help/me has an index.php folder. In
my apache configuration file I have the following:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

I think I've been looking at this too long and have probably missed
something simple. I checked the .htaccess file in the directory above
help/ (which is the root folder for the web server) and I see the
following:

Options -Indexes
DirectoryIndex index.php index.html index.htm

Would the Options -Indexes cause it not to redirect?

rewrite is also on (a2enmod rewrite) - mod_rewrite is the old name?

Thanks for answering so quickly Paul!