[kwlug-disc] Private Internet Access goes Open Source

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Wed Mar 21 11:37:50 EDT 2018

On a technical side, VPN better be something like existing standard and
do not require active MitM on every SSL (cloud flare ?).

On a human side, classical VPN requires trust to provider, unlike onion
routing. If these guys, Private Internet Access, can be trusted, you may
have a little faster traffic metadata hiding than Tor.

Private Internet Access will be at LibrePlanet this Saturday-Sunday, and
I'll have a chance to talk with them. Send me questions, you want them
to answer. Think of uncomfortable questions, that can be answered only
face-to-face, without corporate veil.

Cheers,

Mikalai