[kwlug-disc] Which JavaScript should I learn?

Mikalai Birukou mb at 3nsoft.com
Tue Mar 13 14:47:07 EDT 2018

When you do SPA, server's functionality splits into two distinct
sections. One section is serving code with your SPA. It can be one or
two files. The other part is API, served as https requests. API part is
the active part for server.

Now, "how to update app code?" turns into from where does browser gets
SPA. It doesn't have to be the same place with API server. It even
doesn't have to be the same domain. Your SPA can do cross domain
requests (search for CORS).

Heck. Following recent news about webkit+gnome, your SPA can be wrapped
into desktop app.

And, I put my money on SPA with Typescript-ed Vue (have no affiliation).

Cheers.

P.S. Paul's concern is valid. Recently, I wasn't able to see full
spectrum of server's IPMI pretty output, cause it uses Java applet, if
you remember those. And this is not even invoking a security argument.