[kwlug-disc] So, I took the plunge... Mail In A Box

Chamunks chamunks at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 13:02:35 EST 2018

Yeah, it really seems more about finesse and magic than math and science.
They tell you SPF and DKIM records are enough then they tell you that you
need to check against blacklists.  Then they say you have to get good will
friends to dig you out of the neutral zone with companies like Google's
filters.  I dislike it when someone ambiguously tells you just don't do
it.  Ends up being one of those burning things that sound like a challenge
rather than good advice at times.

Granted every time I've ever read any articles about setting up an email
server on your own they basically all take the first 500 words or so of the
article telling you not to.

But why wouldn't I want to when all it costs me is a $5/month VPS to allow
me to do whatever the hell I want so long as I don't send spam.  If I go
with any mass mailer you're charged a fortune to send mail.