[kwlug-disc] Adding to Google Calendar from SSH window

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 13:12:09 EST 2018

While I'll happily vouch for Thunderbird's integration with Google calendar
(as I use T-bird to read both my gmail and live.com accounts), I found a
command line approach via a quick googling:
https://github.com/insanum/gcalcli

long story short:

Google Calendar Command Line Interface

gcalcli is a Python application that allows you to access your Google
Calendar(s) from a command line. It's easy to get your agenda, search for
events, add new events, delete events, edit events, and even import those
annoying ICS/vCal invites from Microsoft Exchange and/or other sources.
Additionally, gcalcli can be used as a reminder service and execute any
application you want when an event is coming up.