[kwlug-disc] Curv 0.0 is released

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sun Feb 4 13:56:37 EST 2018

Doug,

I like to echo what has been said about announcements to this list for
major releases and/or features.

My thinking is that this language and the objects it produces can be used
for many things:
- interactive touch screen morphing of shapes (another Tetris like
revolution),
- using a Wiimote or other remote sensor to control the shapes on a large
screen (or via projector),
- virtual reality headsets,
- mobile phone games.

It has lots of potential with some imagination.

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 9:53 AM, doug moen <doug at moens.org> wrote:

> For anybody who attended my KWLUG talk on Dec 11, Curv is now officially
> released. The language is stabilized, and there is now documentation.
>
> For those who didn't attend the talk, "Curv is a language for creating art
> using mathematics". It's a domain specific high level language for creating
> 2D and 3D geometric shapes, which can be fully coloured and animated. I
> view it as being particularly suited for procedurally generated, abstract
> geometric art. My users mostly see it as a CAD program, though, and it was
> inspired by OpenSCAD.
>
> The current release lets you export images and shadertoy.com compatible
> fragment shaders (for direct execution of animations on a GPU). It's
> supposed to be a 3D modelling program for 3D printers, but STL export is
> not supported in this release. Hopefully that will be in release 0.1.
>
> The source code is on github:
> https://github.com/doug-moen/curv
>
> Don't worry, I won't spam the KWLUG list every time a new release comes
> out.

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal