[kwlug-disc] possible presentation ideas--and presentation i want to do

tomg at sentex.ca tomg at sentex.ca
Sun Dec 16 16:17:51 EST 2018

Quoting Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>:
> On Sun, Dec 16, 2018 at 04:50:56AM -0500, Chris Irwin wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 09:45:31PM -0500, tomg at sentex.ca wrote:

>> >How (U)EFI works.
>> >
>> >How GUID partition tables work on Linux.
>>
>> I've spent enough time (both privately and professionally) mucking about
>> with disks, partitions, bios and uefi bootloaders that I can take on these
>> topics.
>
> Deal. March is open. If you want to wait until the danger of snow has
> passed then that is okay too. Let me know.

Great, I'm looking forward to it!

---

I'd like to now suggest a presentation I think I can do.  I checked the
archives and there seems to be no presentation on Linux Mint.  I've been
using Linut Mint for ~= 3 years now and have been participating in its
community and I think I can speak well on the subject.  It's one of the
most popular distributions, possibly the easiest for new users and I
think still powerful enough for any user, and it has relevance to Linux
advocacy issues.

Presentations are 30 minutes and recorded and posted to the Web?

I see you're now booking into April, which should give me enough time to
be comfortable with this LUG and to give a presentation.

Tom