[kwlug-disc] It pays to check your plan

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Wed Oct 4 11:40:30 EDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 6:22 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> Indeed, it pays ...
>
> After seeing your message, I found that the plan I pay for now
> is now cheaper. I emailed them the following:

I can only speak regarding Teksavvy, being a customer for over a decade
now, but they never change your speed automatically as plans are
added/removed. This is due to a number of reasons (bandwidth cap issues,
modem requirements, etc).

However, when they change the price of a plan (as it appears what happened
in your case), they have applied that to current customers in the past. I
was on the 100/10 400GB plan for $70 last year, and in January was
automatically converted to unlimited bandwidth for $64.

I since opted in to 150/15 unlimited for $69, since my modem (Hitron CDA-3)
was still on the supported list.

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>