[kwlug-disc] Organizing: Transparent or secure?

Hubert Chathi hubert at uhoreg.ca
Fri Mar 3 21:03:55 EST 2017

[private reply to avoid flooding the list]

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017 15:35:38 -0500, Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org> said:

> Some of you are people who have promised presentations in the past.
> Would you feel uncomfortable if this was on the website (maybe hidden
> away a little -- there would not be a new menu item for this)?

My offer of an SSL talk might not be as necessary now that someone has
already done Let's Encrypt, but in any case, I would be OK with my name
being published.  I would prefer if my email address, if displayed, was
shown in a method that was not easily harvested, but for me personally,
I don't know if it would make much difference because my email address
is already in all the spam databases.

[I do hope to do some talks in the future, once home life stabilizes
enough that I can actually commit to making it out to the meetings.]

Hubert