[kwlug-disc] Python 2 vs Python 3

B.S. bs27975.2 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 18 23:30:35 EDT 2017

> KDevelop to the rescue. Except it debugs only Python 3 code.

I would be in the same boat, in the sense of not having a real
familiarity with an IDE.

However, it the interest of 'cross-platform' (as in Linux, not Windows),
I would be inclined to stay away from kdevelop so as not to be
'trapped'. It's why I use Thunderbird instead of kmail. No kdepim and so
on. For some reason, eclipse is coming to mind in answer to your question.

However, pry Konqueror --profile filemanagement out of my ... hands. And
I've recently been playing more with kdevelop, instead of kwrite or
kate, myself.

As Khalid has noted ... KDE is ... heavy. Done some experimenting with
lxqt, myself. Including, strange, I know, lxqt with kwin. Which enhances
staying with konqueror, kdevelop, konsole (especially), even. Having
played with lxqt this way ... it's tough to advocate non-KDE once plasma
is neuteured, let alone akonadi. So in a sense ... never mind.

[Khalid, did you investigate lxqt at all, in your non-KDE forays?]

It probably still makes sense, though, if you're going to 'learn' an
IDE, that it be something more 'universal' than kdevelop.