[kwlug-disc] most secure email.. isn't

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Fri Apr 28 23:49:30 EDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 06:40:49PM +0000, Joe Wennechuk wrote:
>I read this yesterday. Hilarious! I wonder what their VC's will think after they see this?

Things I'm not even going to talk about:

* The numerous security issues
* The questionable attention to detail
* Leaving dev bash history on the device
* The "It doesn't count because he took it apart" response

So, aside from those issues, there's the minor, sticky point that it
doesn't actually *do* anything, and is arguably less secure than a
default Postfix installation -- not because it does anything
differently, but because you *know* a default postfix installation isn't
particularly secure, while users would assume this one is.

--
Chris Irwin

email:   chris at chrisirwin.ca
 xmpp:   chris at chrisirwin.ca