[kwlug-disc] Cross Platform Messaging Clients

Peter Melse (Mobile) peter_melse at gto.net
Fri May 13 11:25:57 EDT 2016

Perhaps this is something we can solve as a group.

>From my recent experiences, (if not cross protocol) lync has a third party client that works nicely on Android, iOS, and Linux.

Keeping federation, and our oss roots in mind, self-hosted ejabberd might be a reasonable option.

In addition to what Bob said about SMS. There is no guarantee of delivery, the TTL is usually 5 days, and wind (especially wind away) gets QoSed out of existence often. (At one point I was only getting 20% of incoming calls, and no sms!)