[kwlug-disc] Cross Platform Messaging Clients

Allan Zhang allan at azic.ca
Thu May 12 11:33:23 EDT 2016

Do you think your issue is the SMS client, or cellular reception?

If it's because of reception, you may want to try a messenger that uses data, like Signal, which can also be your SMS client. Personally, I just have a bunch of messaging apps to accommodate the preferences of others.

For just SMS, I've also used QKSMS, an open source SMS client made by Waterloo devs. However, I've found that non-stock Messenger apps have issues with MMS so I stick with stock.