[kwlug-disc] OT: SLOW Rogers upload speeds

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Thu May 12 01:47:29 EDT 2016

Wow. The problem solved itself 10 minutes ago from my end. Upload went
from 200kbps to 9.8Mbps all of a sudden, on both our Rogers
connections.

That DSLReports speed test looks pretty good.

I also found this site, which seems intriguing:

http://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers

and

http://canadianoutages.com/status/rogers/kitchener

There is a page for Teksavvy as well, and for lots of other services.

The real question is what I can do about this. It turns out we have
people VPNing into our network during the evening, so we need
reasonable upload bandwidth (or those people need to learn how to take
evenings off).

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org