[kwlug-disc] OT: SLOW Rogers upload speeds

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu May 12 01:17:20 EDT 2016

I'm not sure I can saturate my cable link (Teksavvy, renting bandwidth
on Rogers network), so I don't appear to be suffering any slowdowns.

I'm using the speedtest on DSLReports:
http://speedtest.dslreports.com/speedtest

And the Internet Traffic Report, which may be able to tell you if it's
slow for everyone or just you: http://www.internettrafficreport.com/

There's also Netcraft, who happily surveil any internet connection,
although that's more useful for checking on service and hosting
providers than your own connection: http://www.netcraft.com/

- --Bob.

On 2016-05-11 11:51 PM, Paul Nijjar via kwlug-disc wrote:
> Yet more Rogers yakking: we pay for a business Rogers plan that
> has 60Mbps down and 10Mbps up. Twice now our UPLOAD bandwidth has
> dropped to 100kbps or worse for over an hour. (It's happening as I
> write this, in fact).
>
> Last time the problem went away on its own. But I want to know
> whether I am doing something wrong or it is Rogers's fault. We now
> have a second Rogers connection and it appears to be doing the same
> thing.
>
> I have been using the following tests:
>
> http://speedof.me http://testmy.net
> http://speedcheck.rogers.com/en.html (the official test, which
> mysteriously always reports better speeds than the others).
>
> I am also trying to test speeds with iperf on Linux and I am
> getting the same results.
>
> Is anybody on Rogers experiencing this? Is it just me?
>
> - Paul

- --
Bob Jonkman <bjonkman at sobac.com> Phone: +1-519-635-9413
SOBAC Microcomputer Services http://sobac.com/sobac/
Software --- Office & Business Automation --- Consulting