[kwlug-disc] Laptop Rescue Mission this Saturday

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed May 11 14:03:30 EDT 2016

You know the scoop: we spend a rainy Saturday inside, taking laptops
donated to Computer Recycling and subversively installing Xubuntu on
them. Maybe this month there will be a twist, since the Xubuntu 16.04
installer is almost complete.

We are a xenial bunch; it's fine if you have not participated before
or if you feel like a newbie to laptop refurbishment (or Linux). If
you have participated before it would also be lovely to have you out.

We'll meet from approximately 4-8pm at Computer Recycling, 66 Queen
Street South. We have been cursed with construction, and now it is
more difficult to access the Charles Street door. But I am sure you
will figure it out. As for parking: the lot off of Ontario Street on
the Grand River Transit Terminal side is rumoured to be your best
option, but I don't really know.

I would appreciate an RSVP so I have some ideas of numbers. If you have
never participated before (or do not remember the SECRET PHONE NUMBER)
then RSVPing is mandatory so you will be able to get inside.

As previously rumoured, this may be the last rescue mission we hold
until the fall, unless we find a lot more laptops to refurbish or we
find some power supplies for the laptops we have.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org