[kwlug-disc] PFSense and USB 2.0 NICs

bob+kwlug at softscape.ca bob+kwlug at softscape.ca
Sat Jul 9 21:51:32 EDT 2016

I have had success experimenting with pfSense on a laptop with a single NIC and using VLANs to break out the various network segments. I never got to put it into production, but got it to do everything I needed it to do.

You would need a small managed switch to separate the VLANs into individual Ethernet ports, but I think you can find pretty cheap ones that can do that.

BB