[kwlug-disc] Cable internet price increase

Daniel Villarreal youcanlinux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 14:29:04 EST 2016

On 01/23/16 13:57, Charles M wrote:
> Hehehe, this is funny because I've been ranting lately about the
> Teksavvy DSL outages we've had (2 in the last week). Both times our
> cable was pulled at the central office.

Care to clarify that a bit, please?

> On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Andrew Kohlsmith (mailing lists
> account) <aklists at mixdown.ca> wrote:
>>> On Jan 23, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
>>>  From what I remember, the installation fee was waived or reduced because I was on Rogers, and it is just an administrative switch (no technician visit or anything physical to do).
>>
>> A friend just went through this; Teksavvy said that they had to disconnect the cable internet before they could “take over” — basically they had told him he would possibly be without cable internet for two weeks while this transitioned. It was claimed that this was a requirement of Rogers.
>>
>> He ended up getting Teksavvy VDSL instead to avoid the disruption in service.
[...]

We have a Cogeco competitor here in the Falls and I stopped in one day,
long ago, and back then they stated that they could just transfer the
service over from Cogeco, if you were a Cogeco cx. Last I checked, the
prices weren't as inexpensive as I previously recall...

Thanks,
Daniel