[kwlug-disc] Fw: Job Posting - DevOps Engineer - Cambridge

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Jan 23 00:21:07 EST 2016

Would you like a DevOps job? Maybe you can get one if you apply to
this one.

- Paul

----- Forwarded message from c.boss at rogers.com -----

Carol Boss sent a message using the contact form at http://kwlug.org/contact.

Can we please have this job posted to your members' listing?

Retailigence is a Big Data & Marketing Analytics company and a leader
in the explosive category of mobile “path to purchase” digital
marketing & attribution.  Consumers want more than just online product
discovery, they need easy access to all relevant information including
commerce related information about local product availability, price
and promotions. Retailigence has built a broad and unique data set and
infrastructure over the last five years with insights across 200,000
brick & mortar stores.

The most innovative global brand manufacturers such as PepsiCo, Dell,
P&G, Reebok, Anheuser-Busch use Retailigence real-time data to measure
and directly increase in-store product sales and insights with any
online media (owned, earned or paid) campaign or audience.
Retailigence SKU level data and advanced analytics ultimately ensures
that a brand manufacturer’s marketing investments not only generate
product/brand awareness and interest, but converts that shopper
interest into measurable path-to-purchase actions, and ultimately a
significantly better ROI.

Retailigence is changing the way retail marketing is done, and needs
motivated, talented people who wish to have a direct impact on our
success – both in technology and business.  Currently we are searching
for a DevOps Engineer.

As a member of our Technology Team, the successful candidate will work
from our Cambridge, Canada R&D office and be responsible for
administration and management of our infrastructure servers.

Role:

The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for administering and managing
the software and hardware infrastructure required to run the business.
This role will be 80% operational focused and 20% software
development.    Responsibilities may include:

•	Handling numerous dedicated or virtual servers in a hosted
cloud-based environment
•	Implementing redundant systems, security and a disaster recovery plan
•	Being on-call for server & service outages
•	Assisting with software evaluation & selection criteria
•	Documenting processes and policies

Qualifications:

•	Bachelor’s degree or diploma in a related discipline or several
years’ work experience and technical training
•	Ability to write shell scripts to automate tasks
•	Ability to identify, troubleshoot and correct performance problems
•	Experience working directly with any of the following technologies
are a big plus:
o	Ubuntu and CentOS Linux
o	MongoDB, Cassandra and Hadoop
o	Rsync, Apache Server, Tomcat, Subversion, Mail, FTP, OpenLDAP, Nagios, Wiki
•	Strong organizational and time management skills
•	Excellent written and verbal communication skills
•	Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision

To Apply:

Please send Resume, Cover Letter and LinkedIn information to
cboss at integrityr.com

Any questions, please call me at (519) 897-6906

Regards

Carol Boss

----- End forwarded message -----

--