[kwlug-disc] Cable internet price increase

Sat Jan 23 11:42:28 EST 2016

> On Jan 23, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> From what I remember, the installation fee was waived or reduced because I was on Rogers, and it is just an administrative switch (no technician visit or anything physical to do).

A friend just went through this; Teksavvy said that they had to disconnect the cable internet before they could “take over” — basically they had told him he would possibly be without cable internet for two weeks while this transitioned. It was claimed that this was a requirement of Rogers.

He ended up getting Teksavvy VDSL instead to avoid the disruption in service.

-A.