[kwlug-disc] Upcoming meetings?

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Wed Feb 3 20:12:11 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 03, 2016 at 02:35:43PM -0500, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> Chris Irwin promised us a presentation on syncing stuff, which I am
> hoping will be in June. Chris: does that work for you?

June is good. Apparently my winter travel concerns were not relevant
this year.

> Sergio Durigan from Toronto is offering a session on
> GDB (which might end up being in March, but I doubt it).

I'm *very* interested in this. I usually end up with situations where
gdb would be handy, but don't have the knowledge to really use it
properly. I'm usually pressed for time when I need it, which doesn't
help.

> - How the Internet works (Tim suggests breaking this down into a bunch
>   of components and having different people talk about each one)

I'm able to do a presentation on the basic bits of IPv6. I'm currently
using a tunnel broker -- something you can do *today*, with minimal
fuss, to get on the IPv6 Internet.

I can't say I know as much as somebody with a big fancy network
certification, but I do know enough to be slightly less than dangerous.

--
Chris Irwin

email:   chris at chrisirwin.ca
 xmpp:   chris at chrisirwin.ca