[kwlug-disc] Home automation/security using ZWave?

B.S. bs27975 at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 2 14:49:28 EST 2016

----- Original Message -----

This turns out to be stupid easy, in hindsight. And not 'technical'.

I have cameras pointed outside, inside - so the motion / infrared / night time stuff is useless on it. When they go on all you can see is the reflection of the light in the window the camera is pointed out of. :-( (Motion is fine in daytime.)

However, what I fell into is ... I've always had daylight / motion sensitive outside lights.

So at night, without motion, everything is always dark to the camera, and nothing records. When there is motion the lights come on, and the camera can then detect and record motion. Voila.

Trick was to turn off the IR / night time mode on the camera itself.