[kwlug-disc] OT: SSD disks?

CrankyOldBugger crankyoldbugger at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 13:35:38 EST 2015

I hit "send" before I remembered to tell you about a guy at work who lost
an SSD.  So yes, I have seen one fail.  He showed it to me; if you shake
it, you can hear the chips rattling around inside.  Not enough solder, I
would suspect.  Obviously poor manufacturing QC, and not necessarily normal
behaviour for an SSD.