[kwlug-disc] OT? QNAP NAS file snapshots

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri May 8 22:10:37 EDT 2015

This might be offtopic, but QNAP NAS boxes appear to run some form of
Linux, so I am hoping that some people on the mailing list have some
familiarity with them. I am involved in researching these for a
potential purchase, and I have a bunch of questions.

The first question has to do with file snapshotting. Basically, the
device makes previous versions of files available, that can be
restored by end users (for Windows, this might be done using the
"Previous Versions" tab of an item properties, or there might be some
way to navigate to previous versions in the NAS web interface). Does
anybody know whether QNAP devices support this? I am getting
conflicting and confusing answers on the internet.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org